vendredi 23 septembre 2011

Getting Fit From Your Office Chair

Whenever I spend long hours in the office I end up feeling drained, stiff, and sore. Even though I'm just sitting there I become more tired than when I'm up and about, such that when I finally slouch my way home I have no desire to hit the gym or go for a run. Instead, I just want to eat dinner and crash, watch a little TV and do nothing else. However, that's obviously a bad idea, because after ten hours at my desk my body needs some exercise and movement more than anything else. So how am I supposed to reconcile this need for exercise with being chained to my desk? The answer is simple: do your workout from your chair. In today's article we're going to review two great moves you can do from the comfort of your own office, helping you raise your heart rate and extend your lifespan as you fight stiffness and old age.
The first move can be done right next to your desk, and is guaranteed to knock you out. It's called a burpee, and is as tough as anything you can do in the gym. All you need to do is get into a push-up position, legs extended, body stiff, no bend at the middle. From there, jump your feet forward so that your knees are bunched up under your chest, and then when you're in that tight crouch explode upward into a jump. Land, drop, shoot your feet back out, and resume the push-up position, from which you should then do a push-up. That's one rep, and already your heart should be pumping. Do five of those each hour, and you will be in great shape. Of course, it can be a little hard to get away with leaping in the office, but if you can find a quiet corner you can do these quickly enough to not get any attention.
The second move is also easy to do but will also blast your muscles and body. All you have to do is get into a push-up position, and walk your hands as close to your feet as you can so that your body forms a triangle. Then lower your head to the ground, doing a tight push-up, bending your arms but keeping your legs straight. When you have reached the ground, push back up. This should burn your shoulders!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire